Thursday, April 4, 2013

Materials list

I don't want my blog only able to be understood by those who have a knowledge of chemistry. I want to keep it simple and stay away from the specifics and WHY things happen, instead I want to focus on WHAT happens. If you are a person out there who sees a post of mine and wants to know WHY, just message me and I will do my best to get back to you. I enjoy explaining it, but I want to keep the main blog as simple for people to follow as possible.

In chemistry there are a lot of fancy terms used to describe things. They sound complicated but they really aren't. Here is a list of the main things you need to know:

Beaker: A glass used in chemistry to measure and hold liquids and reactions
Chemical: A material of a specific type, usually just one. Example: Sugar, Baking Soda, Salt, Copper
Decompose: Break down into simpler pieces.
Electrolysis: Conducting electricity through water with stuff dissolved in it.
Mixture: Stuff combined but not dissolved. Example: orange juice with pulp
Reaction: One or more chemicals combining or separating to create a different chemical or chemicals  than what you started with
Solution: A liquid with something else dissolved in it. Example: salt water


No comments:

Post a Comment