Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hello World

Hello World

Hello anyone who stumbles upon my blog, and you, person-who-lives-in-Alaska-who-was-the-first-person-to-ever-view-my-blog, my name is Andrew Spangler. I am 16 and my favourite hobby is home chemistry. There are surprisingly large amounts of experiments that you can do using safe chemicals located around your house, and quite a few of them produce colourful, exciting, or strange results. Over the years, the makers of chemistry sets have gotten more and more careful about what they put in their products because they are afraid of lawsuits against them from angry parents whose kids hurt themselves because they didn't follow the instructions given by the kits. This has turned all of the chemistry sets into boring formulaic "baking soda and vinegar" type reactions." Although these reactions are fun for beginners, it really doesn't show the true extent and enjoyable nature of home chemistry. I intend to post the findings of my home-chemistry experiments here on this blog in an easy to follow form for others with a passion or interest in chemistry to follow. As long as you follow the basic safety rules I give, I am reasonably sure that you will have fun while remaining safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment